Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website
Months of entry
See the ‘big picture’ of the macro economy and develop skills to tackle monetary, banking, financial and economic problems across continents.
Our International Economics, Banking and Finance programme is designed for students with a basic knowledge of economics who wish to broaden their knowledge base for a career in banking, fund management, investment banking, corporate treasury, and other financial sector roles.
The programme focuses on understanding the behaviour of banks and other financial institutions drawing on the principles of microeconomics and the dynamics of the international macroeconomic environment.
It will provide you with a thorough understanding of how money, banking and finance interact and operate in the domestic and international economy. It will also help you to develop the analytical and descriptive skills required for a future career in banking and financial sectors.
You will benefit from training in advanced numerical and quantitative techniques and exposure to cutting-edge trading simulations in our flagship Trading Room. This 56-seat capacity trading floor is one of the largest in the UK and provides you with the opportunity to gain the practical skills required for life at the financial industry. You can also obtain Bloomberg Certification.
• A dissertation bootcamp: as a part of the programme you will spend a concentrated period preparing for your dissertation including presenting your proposal to staff and your peers.
• The Finance and Trading Society: our largest student society provides an excellent platform to network and learn about current economic, finance and commercial affairs.
• The Career Enhancer Service: support from professional advisors to enhance your entry into the workplace and fulfil your career ambitions.
• Practical application: Students are exposed to current international financial and economic issues from both internal experts and invited external speakers
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 4455