The course is suitable for graduates with an upper second class Honours degree in economics or finance-related areas. Applications will be considered from recent graduates with an Honours degree from an approved university or those with a similar level of qualification gained by other methods. Non-graduates with approved professional qualifications or work experience may also be considered under certain circumstances. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass an IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub score.
Months of entry
- The course is designed to be relevant to a wide range of students from both developed and developing countries with career aspirations in a wide variety of banking and financial contexts.
- It provides excellent preliminary training for those who wish to pursue further research with a view to a career in a research institution or central bank.
- Students may also enrol for a module on electronic trading using the Business School Trading Room facility.
- It will also be of interest to those who are currently working in a financial institution or other private or public sector body, such as a central bank or national treasury.
The course offers students with a substantial economic or finance background the opportunity to specialise in more depth in the areas of Money, Banking, Finance and Trade. The course contains challenging theoretical and applied elements which equip students for responsible posts in the financial and commercial world.
The programme consists of 7 core courses including Macro and Micro economics and Quantitative Methods, 1 optional course selected from the group available and a dissertation of not more than 20,000 words.
Further information about this exciting programme of study can be found on our website: http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/Postgraduate/course/detail/p159.html
Information for international students
A score of 570 on TOEFL (230 on computer based marking) or band 6.5 on IELTS is required for non-native English speakers or those who have not had a substantial part of their education taught in the English language.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office, Cardiff Business School
- +44 (0)29 2087 6953
- +44 (0) 29 2087 4419