Applicants will possess minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in or equivalent professional qualification in a subject other than computing. Non-graduates whose relative lack of formal qualifications is compensated for by their relevant work experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
Designed for graduates who want to move into computing from another discipline, this one-year programme attracts students from diverse career and subject areas who wish to be introduced to the skills required for a career in Software Development. The MSc Computing programme provides students with an appropriate balance of the software engineering skills and technical abilities needed to develop effective software and systems.Special Features
- A conversion course as well as an accredited course
- The opportunity to complement the discipline in which you graduated with the discipline of Computing
- The facility to tailor the course to your interests by the selection of an advanced option module
- Flexible choice of project topic, for example: associated with the research activity of the School; fulfilling a business need; reflecting your own interest
- Recognised by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
- 7-10 month experience as an IT Professional for students who successfully find a suitable placement.
For more information please click here
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English are normally expected to meet the minimum University requirements (e.g. 6.5 IELTS, with at least 6.0 in each area).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr. Leigh Hodge
- +44 (0)29 2087 9342