A 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree or a master's degree, in computing or a related subject. Applicants with appropriate professional experience are also considered. Degree-level mathematics (or equivalent) is required for research in some project areas.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Studying for a PhD or MPhil in the area of visual computing will see you join the School as part of a successful team of researchers with a range of industrial partners and academic collaborators.
- Our longstanding, strong and dynamic research culture has given rise to our international reputation for world-class research.
- The School supports work in this area with a substantial investment in research facilities and infrastructure.
- Vibrant research culture that includes School and themed seminar programmes and conference/travel opportunities.
- Dedicated support and training to boost your research-themed knowledge and skills.
- We have extensive experience in many areas of computer vision, image and video processing. We are working closely with the Schools of Psychology, Engineering, Dentistry and Medicine, and we also collaborate with industrial partners, including Renishaw, Airbus, British Aerospace, Welsh Rugby Union, local Police forces, councils and health services.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries