For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/msc-building-and-infrastructure-information-modelling-bim-for-smart-engineering
Months of entry
Our MSc Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling (BIM) for Smart Engineering aims to provide you with the necessary training, skills and hands-on experience to become successful in the dynamic and highly competitive fields of BIM and smart engineering, and to give you a distinct edge when applying for a career in industry or for a PhD studentship.
The course will provide you with engineering oriented advanced BIM training, consolidate the related fundamental theory, strengthen your modelling and analysis skills and smart engineering knowledge, and enhance your future engineering competency and employability. It will build on your existing engineering knowledge and skills to deliver a comprehensive, flexible, robust and research led advanced BIM training package.Distinctive features
The MSc Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling (BIM) for Smart Engineering uniquely focuses on a smart engineering perspective covering both buildings and infrastructure sectors, with the opportunity to obtain highly regarded industry BIM certificates. The course offers:
- Tailored core skills training: The core modules have been carefully designed to provide fundamental theory, modelling, simulation and management skills. You will learn how to plan and propose research projects, conduct literature reviews and critiques, design, simulate, optimize and manage building / infrastructure projects / assets, supported by cutting edge BIM related computing technologies.
- Multi-disciplinary options: The wide selection of optional modules and the multi-disciplinary nature of the course provides the opportunity for candidates who have different backgrounds and are interested in becoming a BIM specialist to gain a postgraduate qualification which will enhance your career prospects in a wide range of professions.
- Research led teaching: This MSc programme is based on the research strengths of the Building Information Modelling (BIM) group within the School of Engineering, which has been an established research group for over twenty years. Civil and Construction Engineering at Cardiff University was ranked as No.1 in the latest government research assessment (REF2014) making us one of the top Schools in which to undertake postgraduate study.
- Industrial impact: The BIM research group has been recognized internationally and has developed close working relationship with major BIM research and training centres worldwide as well as collaborating with a wide range of international industrial partners in the UK, EU and China.
- Career opportunities in a growing field: Demand from the worldwide construction and infrastructure industry for BIM graduates and post graduates has increased significantly. This course will provide the basis for a range of career opportunities. You will also have the opportunity of gaining a Building Research Establishment (BRE) BIM Manager Certificate and building SMART certificate which is highly regarded by industry.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries