An upper second class Honours degree (or equivalent) from a British or recognised overseas university. Applicants with relevant professional experience are also considered. Suitable for graduates in civil engineering or a related discipline, or for candidates with suitable professional experience. For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirements is an IELTS score of 6.5. Please see our English language requirements for more information.
Months of entry
Offers knowledge and expertise for a career as a consulting civil engineer across the broad spectrum of the professional discipline.
- The employment record of graduates is excellent, with the majority of graduates joining engineering consultancies.
- This programme has been accredited by the ICE, IStructE, IHT and IHIE for intakes 2009-2013 inclusive. This programme is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree
- See the JBM website for further information.
The overall aim of this well-established course is to enhance the engineering skills of its graduates. The taught material is delivered during the Autumn and Spring semesters. An extended project within one of the Civil Engineering fields forms a major part of the course. This course's graduate employment record is excellent, with the majority of graduates joining engineering consultancies.
Topics covered on the course include:
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Engineering Geology
- Steel Structures
- Advanced Engineering Management
- Numerical Techniques in Engineering
- Theoretical Soil Mechanics
- Management in Industry
- Water Quality and Treatment Engineering
- Coastal and Estuarine Engineering
- Engineering Case Study
Full details of this exciting programme can be found here: http://coursefinder.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/course/detail/p055.html
Information for international students
International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office, School of Engineering
- +44 (0)29 2087 0050