Please visit our website for the entry requirements of this course.
Months of entry
Designed as a conversion programme for humanities and science graduates seeking a career in Conservation, this highly-respected two-year programme is dedicated to teaching the next generation of conservators. It is a hands-on degree scheme with significant time spent in laboratories working on archaeological and historical objects.
The degree delivers the knowledge and expertise for graduates to operate as professional conservators in the heritage sector. It also provides transferable skills in project and resource management, problem solving and communication that would suit a wide range of careers, while also offering a solid platform for pursuing research.
Gaining a sophisticated understanding of theoretical principles and practical applications, you will become adept in the care and protection of cultural heritage artefacts through laboratory experience and close tuition, which develops your skills in the practice of both new and traditional conservation techniques.
Over the two years, you will evolve a sophisticated understanding of theoretical principles, amassing considerable experience of working on cultural heritage objects from the UK and across the globe.
Through this programme we aim to:
- provide an underpinning framework for understanding the role of a conservator; the skills required to carry out conservation practice; techniques of conservation and the relationship between materials, decay and treatment
- equip you with the necessary skills to operate equipment and use tools commonly found within conservation laboratories
- provide a conservation qualification that encompasses and links theoretical and practical skills
- equip you to operate as professional conservators in the heritage sector
- prepare you for either further research or a wide range of careers by offering transferable skills in project and resource management, probleproblem-solvingommunication
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084