Suitable for graduates in architecture, planning, engineering, social sciences, computer science and environmental sciences with an upper second class honours degree.
We welcome enquiries and applications from suitably qualified people wishing to conduct research in a relevant field.
Months of entry
We have established a number of research centres including
- the Low Carbon Research Institute (LCRI)
- the BRE Centre for Sustainable Design of the Built Environment (SuDoBE)
- the Centre for Research in the Built Environment (CRiBE)
- the Design Research Unit (DRUw) and
- the Practice Research and Advancement in South Asian Design and Architecture (PRASADA).
Research specialisms include:
- energy and environmental performance of buildings and systems,
- sustainability at an urban scale,
- resource use and management,
- the city, landscape and environment,
- cultures, histories and ideas,
- visual cultures,
- practice and pedagogy,
- building design,
- project management,
- building law,
- digital design techniques and
- architectural education.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries