See our website for details.
Months of entry
The MA Political Communication will deepen your understanding of political communication in national and international contexts and, where relevant, your skills in this field.
- Explore the political content of the mass media
- Deepen academic and practical understanding of the actors and agencies involved in the production of political news and information
- Examine the impact of media coverage of politics on audiences
- Explore the interaction between media systems and political systems including government media policy, censorship, regulation and ownership
- Be equipped with the research and study skills necessary to carry out project-based professional and academic research
- Enhance academic skills and knowledge in preparation for further academic study
- Develop basic skills in political communications practice
The course explores the rapidly evolving role of communication in political life, both nationally and internationally, and examines how changes such as the increasing importance of new online and social media platforms, image-based politics, and the globalisation of media are shaping politics.
MA Political Communication looks at the influence of actors in the political communications process, including politicians, journalists and citizens by drawing on cutting edge research and case studies.
This course is suitable for those interested in an advanced academic study of political communication or a career in political communication, as well as those already working in political communication, political parties, government agencies and bodies, statutory and voluntary organisations and the mass media.
It is also suitable for people looking to undertake PhD research in political communication.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Offers knowledge and expertise for those working in political communications, political parties, government agencies and bodies, statutory and voluntary organisations; and the mass media, who wish to develop skills and knowledge. Suitable for graduates from a range of disciplines.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084