Suitable for graduates in Mathematics (or a suitable related field). A first or upper second class UK Honours degree, or equivalent is required.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The following specialisations are available within this research area:
- Ordinary and partial differential equations
- Functional analysis
- Analytical and computational spectral theory
- Quantum mechanics
- Number theory and its applications
- Mathematical physics
- Operator algebras
- Algebraic geometry.
Three research networks have been coordinated from Cardiff:
- the EU-TMR Network on Non-Commutative Geometry
- the EPSRC Network on Algebraic Geometry, Boundary Conformal Field Theory and Non- Commutative Geometry
- the EPSRC Network on Spectral Theory (jointly with a group from the School of Computer Science).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries