Please visit our website for the entry requirements for this course.
Months of entry
Please note that applications for the 2020/21 academic year are now closed.
The MClinDent (Prosthodontics) course is a full-time three year specialist training programme. It has been designed to enhance student life-long learning skills, aid in developing evidence-based practice, develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in Prosthodontics, and facilitate further career development.
You will study 10 taught modules as well as a dissertation module based on your own research project.
By fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an unbiased, systematic and critical appraisal of contemporary knowledge, and an awareness of current problems and/or new insights, many of which are informed by the latest advances in Restorative Dentistry.
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas in Restorative Dentistry often in the absence of complete data, be able to communicate ideas and conclusions clearly and effectively to other specialist colleagues and non-specialist audiences, and engage in critical dialogue about clinical management in Restorative Dentistry.
- Read, understand and critically appraise relevant scientific and clinical literature.
- Formulate a hypothesis, plan and implement an appropriate project to test the hypothesis and report the findings of the project in the appropriate format.
- Evaluate psychological aspects relevant to restorative dentistry.
- Execute simple and complex treatment procedures.
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary teams and treatment of compromised patients, such as cleft lip and palate and tooth anomalies, such as hypodontia.
- Understand the relevance of underlying social, dental and medical factors that may influence the uptake compliance and outcome of treatment.
- Be familiar with all aspects of clinical governance (clinical, corporate, research) and conduct of professional care.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084