For entry requirements, please visit our website:
Months of entry
The MSc Advancing Practice in Neonatology is designed for those already working in neonatal medicine and explores essential aspects of clinical neonatology. It gives you the specialist knowledge and skills you need to develop professionally and clinically.
The course is run part-time via online distance learning, allowing you total flexibility over your studies. The course is relevant for medical doctors, nurse practitioners, nurse educators and other health professionals involved in neonatal healthcare.
You will study all essential aspects of clinical neonatology and gain advanced knowledge of modern diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, including advanced ventilation and neuroprotective strategies, optimising nutrition and stabilisation and management of the critically ill infant. After an introductory module covering research and statistics, core modules include respiratory care, cardiac care and haemodynamics, critical care and the safe transfer of neonates/children between services and carers, neurological care and nutrition, gut function and the surgical neonate – all of which are crucial to improving survival rates and quality of care. The abilities to research, review, evaluate, design and plan these key components in healthcare systems represent highly marketable skills for graduates of the award.
This interactive course is delivered by an experienced faculty of clinicians working in specialised UK neonatal centres in collaboration with international experts. You will learn the embryological, physiological and anatomical science underpinning health and disease in term and premature infants, as well as exploring methods of managing the ethical and communication challenges faced by clinical teams every day.
By completing this programme, you will develop evidence-based practice skills helping you provide advanced neonatal care based on a sound knowledge of science, clinical practice and research evidence.
- Learn from neonatal experts - Designed and delivered by experienced UK neonatal consultants and international experts in neonatal healthcare
- Up-to-date curriculum – focusing on many different clinically relevant aspects of caring for the critically ill neonate and child
- Flexible e-learning programme - Distance-learning, online format enables flexible learning with individualised support from practising clinical neonatologists
- Tailor your learning to your clinical practice - Dissertation allows you to explore an area of personal interest, enhancing your day to day neonatal clinical practice
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 4455