Varies depending upon research area.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Research in the School of Medicine is focused on interdisciplinary themes, each of which spans the spectrum from basic science to clinical practice in either hospital or community settings. These themes are led by Research Institutes:
- Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity
- Cochrane Institute of Primary Care & Public Health
- Institute of Molecular & Experimental Medicine
- Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences
- Institute of Cancer & Genetics
- Institute of Translation, Innovation Methodology & Engagement
The underlying aim of the School is to ensure the optimum ‘translation’ of fundamental knowledge to patient benefit.
Our approach brings together people, knowledge and skills from a range of disciplines. This approach is the key to our research strength and achievements.
Each of the School’s Research Institutes embodies this philosophy.
For more information please click here
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Medicine Research Degrees Office
- +44 (0)29 2074 6716