The minimum requirement for the MSc in Wound Healing and Tissue Repair is a first degree from an approved UK or overseas University, or a recognised professional qualification. This requirement may be waived for candidates with relevant professional experience (a minimum of two years experience in a position of responsibility relevant to the programme). Applications are therefore considered from doctors, nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists and other professionals who meet the above criteria.
Months of entry
The aim of this course is to enable individuals to explore and analyse existing and developing theories and concepts that underpin wound healing and tissue repair, facilitating professional and personal growth, building upon the individual's wide range of educational and vocational experience and developing their ability to become life-long learners.
At the completion of the programme, students will have increased their theoretical knowledge and developed critical independence, contributing through research and scholarship to the development of knowledge and an evidence-base relating to their individual profession.Special Features
- Unique course - first conceived as a Postgraduate Diploma in 1996 and extended to a Master of Science (MSc) in 1999
- The course has attracted healthcare professionals from the field of nursing, medicine, pharmacy, podiatry and the pharmaceutical industry, and offers the opportunity to study at a distance alongside an international group of professionals from countries such as Ireland, Holland, Italy, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and New Zealand
- On-line submission of both assignments and course evaluations, together with access to individual marks enabling students to track their progress
- Hyperlinked reading lists to facilitate easy access to resource material.
- Private and Group tutorials in the form of chat room sessions are arranged to encourage both lecturer and peer support and to suit students in different time zones
- Self-assessment tests from the course material, are also linked to Discussion Forum groups in order to facilitate sharing of information and further facilitate peer support.
For more information please click here
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent required
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mrs Jane Hopkins Course Administrator
- +44 (0)29 2074 5890
- +44 (0)29 2074 2682