Suitable for graduates with a good honours degree or equivalent in chemistry or a related subject. Entry to research degree courses in chemistry will be subject to the University requirements for English language.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Research within the area of Chemical Biology aims to offer knowledge and expertise for a career in the pharmaceuticals and fine chemical sectors, teaching, biomedical research fields, research and managerial roles in general manufacturing industry (eg food, cosmetics, petrochemical etc)
The School of Chemistry has developed a particular strength in Chemical Biology, with a research group dedicated to this exciting area of study. As part of the Chemistry (PhD/MPhil) programme, students can conduct their research within this group.
- The School has undergone an extensive revitalisation in the last few years and occupies newly refurbished laboratories with excellent facilities for research and teaching.
- Chemistry continues to attract an expanding team of researchers, as well as maintaining an extensive network of industrial contacts.
- Strong interdisciplinary collaborations support projects across traditional subject divisions; postgraduates interact across these groups.
- New facilities for synthetic and catalytic chemistry, including an advanced pressure reaction suite for catalyst development and investigation and the opening of the laboratories of the new EPSRC-funded Physical Organic Chemistry Centre.
- Extensive collaborations internationally; a number of research programmes allow placements abroad, including in Europe and America.
Further details of this research area - including current research topics and full entry requirements - can be found on our website: http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/course/detail/p040.html
see "Special Features" within the general programme details
Information for international students
International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Ben Ward
- +44(0)29 2087 0302
- +44(0)29 2087 4030