For entry requirements, please see our website.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The research carried out within the School of Chemistry is diverse and encompasses both fundamental and applied themes. Available research topics closely mirror the particular research interests of individual staff members, which fall broadly into Biological & Organic, Inorganic, Physical, and Theoretical & Computational chemistries.Programme aims
To offer knowledge and expertise for a career in the pharmaceuticals and fine chemical sectors, teaching, biomedical research fields, research and managerial roles in general manufacturing industry (eg. food, cosmetics, petrochemical etc).Distinctive features
- The School has undergone an extensive revitalisation in the last few years and occupies newly refurbished laboratories with excellent facilities for research and teaching
- Chemistry continues to attract an expanding team of researchers, as well as maintaining an extensive network of industrial contacts
- Strong interdisciplinary collaborations support projects across traditional subject divisions; postgraduates interact across these groups
- New facilities for synthetic and catalytic chemistry, including an advanced pressure reaction suite for catalyst development and investigation and the opening of the laboratories of the new EPSRC-funded Physical Organic Chemistry Centre
- Extensive collaborations internationally; a number of research programmes allow placements abroad, including in Europe and America.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries