Suitable for graduates in optometry, medicine, psychology, social science, physics, biology, biochemistry, mathematics or any relevant scientific discipline.
A First or Upper Second class UK Honours degree, master's degree, or equivalent is required.
Months of entry
January, April, July, October
Clinical Investigation and Vision Sciences is a research area in which you can focus your studies within our PhD programme in Vision Sciences.
- State-of-the-art facilities for retinal imaging, visual field examination, electrophysiological investigations, and customised psychophysics apparatus for applied and basic vision science research.
- An international centre of excellence for studies investigating function and structure in glaucoma and Age-Related Macular Degeneration, visual field loss, and other psychophysical evaluations of central and peripheral vision.
- Renowned for electrophysiological investigation in glaucoma and diabetes as well as for studies of ocular and related parameters in Down's syndrome.
- The Group is supported by grants from numerous organisations such as the Wellcome Trust, NIHR/NISCHR, Leverhume Trust, PPP, BUPA, College of Optometrists and numerous other charitable and industrial sources.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries