A First or Upper Second class UK Honours degree, master's degree, or equivalent is required.
Suitable for graduates in optometry, medicine, psychology, social science, physics, biology, biochemistry, mathematics or any relevant scientific discipline.
Months of entry
January, April, July, October
Clinical Investigation and Vision Sciences is a research area in which you can focus your studies within our PhD programme in Vision Sciences.
- State-of-the-art facilities for retinal imaging, visual field examination, electrophysiological investigations, and customised psychophysics apparatus for applied and basic vision science research.
- An international centre of excellence for studies investigating function and structure in glaucoma and Age-Related Macular Degeneration, visual field loss, and other psychophysical evaluations of central and peripheral vision.
- Renowned for electrophysiological investigation in glaucoma and diabetes as well as for studies of ocular and related parameters in Down's syndrome.
- The Group is supported by grants from numerous organisations such as the Wellcome Trust, NIHR/NISCHR, Leverhume Trust, PPP, BUPA, College of Optometrists and numerous other charitable and industrial sources.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries