For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website
Months of entry
This course will provide optometrists with a broad education in prescribing practice that will equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance their career and contribute effectively to extended professional roles.
The specific aim of the programme is to prepare optometrists to practise as independent prescribers and to meet the standards set by the General Optical Council for entry on to the appropriate specialist therapeutic prescribing register.
The School of Optometry will provide a supportive environment for you to advance your professional and personal development, offering high quality modules relevant to optometry that are informed by research and taught by leaders in the field.
The programme provides a flexible pathway to level 7 qualifications. It will cultivate an understanding of evidence-based practice in eye care and enable you to safely practice at the forefront of your profession to an appropriate level of competence.
- The course meets the standards set by the General Optical Council for entry on to the appropriate specialist therapeutic prescribing register
- Learn with one of the leading Optometry Schools in the UK, ranked 1st in the Complete University Guide 2018
- It will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance your career and contribute effectively to extended professional roles
- The involvement of research-active staff in course design and delivery
The only ‘Therapeutic Prescribing for Optometrists’ course available in Wales
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 4455