Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Months of entry
An ideal choice for both new graduates and finance professionals looking to progress their career, this programme is the opportunity to specialise in different areas of accounting and finance. It helps prepare full-time students for entry-level positions and provides career development opportunities for roles such as accountants, auditors, managers, business consultants and finance analysts.
You will examine in depth, the tools and practices of finance and accounting. The course will enable you to apply your knowledge in simulations, case studies, exams, essays and small research projects, developing your employability and research skills. You will have access to our Trading Room, which provides campus and remote access to leading financial databases, statistical and other software. On this course you will challenge accounting and finance theories and practices by studying contemporary issues, including sustainability investing and reporting.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.
- Modules such as Financial Decision Management will allow you to develop and apply key skills used in designing and implementing strategy and demonstrate an understanding of how the external environment and stakeholders affect strategy.
- You will use international case studies to examine topics such as sustainability and transparency.
- The course enables you to synthesise the evidence for and against finance theories, such as EMH, CAPM and behavioural finance.
- On our International Trading and Investments module, you will be given a stock and sector to manage, as part of a student-managed international portfolio.
- This course will prepare you for the CIMA Management Case Study (MCS) exam, giving you a head start in your journey to obtain professional accreditations.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band (or equivalent) when you start the course is essential.
English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Find out more about course fees and available funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70