- Minimum of a 2:1 BSc Hons, or equivalent, in a life sciences or health-related subject (anatomy, biology, biochemistry, biomedical science, healthcare science, medical science, medical engineering, nursing, paramedic, pharmacy, physiology, etc.)
- Alternatively, applicants with a 2:2 or equivalent and significant experience (6months) within a patient-facing healthcare/clinical role may be considered on an individual basis if the above requirement is not met.
- Equivalent international qualifications will be reviewed with the Admissions Team.
Months of entry
Physician associates perform an integral and skilled role in healthcare, supporting medical supervisors in performing physical examinations, formulating differential diagnoses, interpreting diagnostic tests, and recommending treatment plans.
Designed and delivered in collaboration with practitioners from local healthcare providers, this course will equip you with the experience and expertise required to practice as a physician associate. You will develop transferable skills that are invaluable in both the healthcare sector and across industries.
We deliver teaching through tutor-led sessions and clinical placements, reinforcing your knowledge through self-directed study. We will develop your ability to work as part of a multi-professional team and provide contemporary and informed insight thanks to input and guidance from experienced clinical colleagues.
During the course you will cover a range of modules, gaining comprehensive understanding of clinical human anatomy and physiology, diseases and health conditions associated with major organ systems, an in-depth view of community health, and key clinical and professional skills such as history taking, physical examination and ethics. You will also complete an independent supervised practice-related project.
- This programme is designed and delivered by dedicated academic staff and healthcare professionals who have a wealth of knowledge in the field.
- Benefit from mandatory placements in general practice, community and acute hospital settings to equip you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career as a physician associate
- Purpose-built clinical skills areas will allow you to apply theory to practice in a safe environment
- Improve your critical thinking skills and your ability to design, execute and present findings of practice-based research
- Study a range of modules including; Anatomy and Physiology, Community Health, General Medicine and Speciality Medicine
- There is currently a high demand for physician associates in the East Midlands NHS workforce
Fees and funding
2023/24 tuition fees for UK students: £9,500 per year
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details