We welcome applicants with varied qualifications, but typically you'll need an undergraduate degree in a related discipline. Our typical applicants hold an undergraduate degree of 2:2 or above, or equivalent experience.
We'll also welcome your application if you have formal or 'certified' learning (such as training courses not run by universities or colleges) and learning from work experience or self-study. This is called Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL), and should have been gained within the last five years, and be equivalent to the learning outcomes of our minimum entry qualifications.
Months of entry
Are you an artist with a passion for games? Do you want to develop your skills to meet the challenges of the games industry?
Nurture your creativity as you collaborate with like-minded artists in an inspired and focused space. We’re looking for illustrators, fine artists, sculptors, graphic designers, or anyone with a passion for the visual dimensions of games. Ultimately, you’ll graduate as a workplace-ready professional with a strong insight into the games industry.
- Showcase your skills in context by working on a game art project and learning to co-create as part of a team
- Be supported by tutors with experience at companies like Rare, EA Games, Microprose and Square-Enix
- Access industry-standard hardware and software, a well-equipped life drawing room, dedicated space in a game development studio and the same management tools and game engines used by the industry
- Learn 2D and 3D art creation methods, including concept, environment and character art
- Explore game development pipelines, techniques and processes such as Agile development and version control
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44(0) 1326 254350