Candidates are normally required to have a honours degree and/or further qualifications relating to working with children, young people and families in a professional or interprofessional setting. Candidates will be able to demonstrate a commitment to professional learning in the fields of children's care or education. Candidates without these requirements may be invited to submit a portfolio for RPL assessment in order to demonstrate possible eligibility for entry.
Months of entry
Please note this course is subject to validation (expected September 2016).
The Education MRes programme will be of interest to professionals who work with children, young people, families and adults who wish to:
- acquire an in-depth understanding of research approaches, methods and skills which will enable research into professional practice;
- develop a critically evaluative understanding of current issues in practice, policy, professionalism and interprofessionalism for contextualising enquiry;
- become a confident skilled researcher by designing and implementing a substantial investigation;
- advocate and lead research-engaged practice by education professionals in and beyond their institutional setting; and
- undertake research training in a specialist area of education to prepare for doctoral study.
Information for international students
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirement, which is Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no element below 5.5. Make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements, which includes details of other qualifications we consider.
Fees and funding
To be confirmed.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Education
- +44 (0)20 8417 5145