Learners who are embarking on the CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice must have either obtained exemptions for the CLC/SQA Level 4 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice OR have been awarded the relevant exemptions.
If you would like to discuss whether you can study this course, please contact us.
Months of entry
This is a fast-track course for LLB, GDL, LPC and BA in Law graduates or those who have completed CLC/SQA Level 4 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice. Completing the CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice is the final academic stage for those wishing to become Licensed Probate Practitioners through the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
Learners who complete their CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice could become Licensed Probate Practitioners. These individuals are qualified in the law of succession, trusts and other matters involved in the administration of estates.
Along with 1,200 hours of qualifying work experience within probate practice, someone who has completed the Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice can approach the CLC and apply to become a Licensed Probate Practitioner.
Licensed Probate Practitioners can practice among other authorised persons or become sole practitioners.
The CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice consists of 3 units in total. These are listed below.
1. Administration of Estates
2. Law of Will Succession and Grants of Representation
3. Managing Client and Office Accounts (Probate)
Exemptions and recognition of prior learning
Exemptions can be obtained through Law Training Centre for all of Level 4 and some Level 6 units.
Exemptions from certain CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma units based on partially completed LPC may also be available for learners who passed certain electives within their LPC.
For more information on this please contact our admissions team.
When and how to enrol
Admissions are welcome year-round.
If you would like to enrol, please visit our course page here and download our enrolment form.
Each unit completes with an exam-based assessment.
Learners may choose when to sit their exams with 10 working days’ notice to us.
Exam assessments can be taken in the following two ways:
1. At the learner’s place of work if it is a firm that is regulated by the CLC, CILEx or the SRA
2. Online, remotely at a suitable location with appropriate technology available
Assessment fees are inclusive in the course cost. See Fees and Key Facts for more information.
Each unit in the CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice takes between 3 – 6 months to complete.
However, it is an entirely self-paced course and can be done at the learners’ own pace, whether that is quicker or slower than the average time listed above.
Learners who purchase the full CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice have two years’ course access.
The CLC/SQA Level 6 Diploma in Probate Law and Practice course fees includes:
• Extensive bank of study resources
• Unlimited tutor support
• Access to Thomson Reuters Practical Law
• Bi-weekly revision tutor-led revision webinars
• Interest free instalment payment options available
• For exam units, exam sittings available online, remotely or at firm of work
• Assessment fees for up to two assessment sittings
• Certification at the end of the course
• NUS card available for purchase
Fees and funding
Course fees – £2,400.00
Interest-free instalment options are available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Law Training Centre
- 0330 088 8495