Learners may apply for the NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies if they meet one of the following criteria:
- A Level 3 qualification in law
- A degree
- Mature learners over 2
The course is delivered in English and learners must also have good comprehension and written English Language skills.
If you would like to discuss whether you can study this course, please contact us.
Months of entry
A course for those with some paralegal experience who wish to enhance their careers. Also suitable for graduates or mature learners and those who work in non-legal roles in law firms. The course aims to help learners understand the English Legal System along with the practical skills required to be an effective paralegal.
Learners who complete their NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies can go on to apply for Associate Membership of NALP (A. NALP) and becoming a NALP qualified paralegal.
Course content and delivery
The NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies contains the following units:
- The English Legal System
- The Law of Contract
- The Law of Tort
- Criminal Law
- Wills, Intestacy and Family Provision
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Practice
- Matrimonial and Civil Partnership Disputes
This course is delivered online through our eLearning Platform. Learners can access their course content through any digital device such as a Tablet, PC/Laptop, or Smartphone.
Exemptions and recognition of prior learning
Exemptions (or Recognition of Prior Learning) can be obtained directly through the National Association of Licensed Paralegals here.
For more information on this please contact our admissions team.
When and how to enrol
Admissions are welcome year-round. To enrol, please visit our course page here and download our enrolment form.
Each unit completes with an assessment.
Typical exam questions might be:
· “What are the elements that a claimant has to prove to be successful in the tort of negligence”?
· “Explain what a crime is including all the elements: the physical element, the mental element and offences of strict liability.”
· “Prepare a draft letter for Tom Stone who lives at 66 Songbird Avenue, Winchester, W15 9JU explaining all of the formalities for a valid will and some of the terms of the will that can be included.”
A pass mark of 45% is set for each topic assignment.
Assessment fees are inclusive in the course cost.
The NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies can take up to 12 months to complete. However, it is an entirely self-paced course and can be done at the learners’ own pace, whether that is quicker or slower than the average time listed above.
Learners who purchase the full NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies have two years’ course access.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Law Training Centre
- 0330 088 8495