Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Learners who would like to apply to study the NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice must have one of the following:
Months of entry
The NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice is suitable for Law Graduates (LLB and GDL) and is designed to make the transition between academic study at degree level and knowledge of legal practices that mean a learner can function effectively as a Licensed Paralegal Practitioner. This course is also suitable for international students looking to increase their employability within the legal sector.
Learners who complete their NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice can go on to apply for Associate Membership of NALP (A.NALP) and become a NALP qualified paralegal.
Course content and delivery
The NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice contains the following units:
· Civil Litigation
· Corporate & Business Structures
· Criminal Practice
· Matrimonial & Civil Partnership Disputes
This course is delivered online through our eLearning Platform. Learners can access their course content through any digital device such as a Tablet, PC/Laptop, or Smartphone.
Exemptions and recognition of prior learning
Exemptions (or Recognition of Prior Learning) can be obtained directly through the National Association of Licensed Paralegals here.
For more information on this please contact our admissions team.
When and how to enrol
Admissions are welcome year-round.
To enrol, please visit our course page here and download our enrolment form.
Each unit completes with an assessment.
Typical exam questions might be:
· “You act for Julia Kettle who is engaged to Kelly Harris. They want to get married but understand that they will have to become civil partners. Kelly is from California and wants some advice about the legality of marriage and civil partnerships in the UK. Explain the requirements for a valid civil partnership and how this could be annulled.”
· “In relation to a case study pertaining to corporate and business structures, explain to a client the current form of business that they are now in and their potential liability in this business.”
A pass mark of 45% is set for each topic assignment. Merit is set at 65% and a distinction is 80%.
Assessment fees are inclusive in the course cost. See Fees and Key Facts for more information.
The NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice can take up to 12 months to complete. However, it is an entirely self-paced course and can be done at the learners’ own pace, whether that is quicker or slower than the average time listed above.
Learners who purchase the full NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice have two years’ course access.
The NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice course fees include:
- Online course delivery through our eLearning platform
- Course notes, summaries, quizzes and more
- 1 year's membership with NALP at affiliate level
- Unlimited tutor support
- Access to Thompson Reuters Practical Law
- NUS Card available for purchase
- Interest free instalment options available
Fees and funding
Course fees – £1,420.00
Interest-free instalment options are available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Law Training Centre
- 0330 088 8495