Entry requirementsYou will need:
- a good first degree (usually 2:1)
- to demonstrate successful masters level study or equivalent
- experience commensurate with undertaking a professional doctorate. This usually means that you will have a professional role in a compulsory, tertiary, workplace or lifelong educational setting.
- In exceptional cases, students with a Masters in a different subject area who can demonstrate substantial experience in education may be eligible
- IELTs (or equivalent) score of 7.0, with at least 6.5 in each category
Months of entry
Our Doctor of Education programme will enhance your understanding of education in the broadest sense, helping you to directly relate your learning to current practice.
- Ideal for professionals working in the education sector
- Harness your passion and experience
- Take your personal development and pedagogical knowledge to the next level
- Enhance your understanding of how education works
- Relate your learning back to your practice
This specially designed programme gives you the chance to reflect on how you deliver your role and how you can transform practice – for both yourself and others.
Focusing on education in its broadest sense, the EdD is relevant to people who work in a wide variety of educational settings, including: the compulsory and non-compulsory sectors, formal and non-formal education settings, and professional, workplace and life-long learning.
At LJMU’s School of Education, we are an active community of academics and students, who are committed to education that inspires learning and enriches communities.
Our high quality research and teaching environment, encourages students to analyse the political, economic, social, cultural, environmental and technological context of educational theory and practice.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please visit the LJMU website for details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries