Entry requirements (Home)
You will need an Honours degree (minimum 2:2) in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, and Microbiology or related Science disciplines.
Industry experience: Please contact the Faculty Admissions team for more details.
Entry requirements (International)
LJMU welcomes applications from international students. You will need a good degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, and Microbiology or related Science disciplines.
In addition to normal entry requirements, you will be expected to demonstrate a very good level of English language competence, for example an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Please note: specific courses may require higher levels of English language competence. If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. It can take four to six weeks to receive an ATAS certificate, so please make sure you apply as early as possible. You can find out more on the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website.
Alternatively, contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance. Please note: international students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part time. Students entering the UK on alternate types of visa may be in a position to study part time. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details before making your application. In order to obtain a visa you will also need to show evidence that the money required to cover your tuition fees and living expenses has been in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to submitting your visa application. So please make sure that your finances are in place before applying. For more details, go to our international website.
For advice on any aspect of the application process, please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team.
Months of entry
The programme is designed to educate, train and cater for the high demand from companies seeking postgraduate students with expertise in formulation, testing and regulations related to the cosmetics industry in the UK and globally.
- The only Cosmetic Science MSc available in the UK
- Designed in consultation with industry to enable students to develop the academic knowledge and practical skills required by cosmetics companies
- Delivered by a research active academic team within one of the oldest and well-established schools of pharmacy in the world
- Key modules taught by world-renowned academics involved in EU Horizon Cosmos Project, with a strong emphasis on the safety assessment of cosmetic products
- Opportunity to undertake research projects with industry partners and with academic research groups, including: Formulation and Drug Delivery Group, Chemoinformatics Research Group and Biomedical Science Research Group
- Enhance your knowledge of cosmetic products and gain hands-on laboratory experience
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the safety and regulatory requirements
- Acquire business knowledge and skills to create and launch new cosmetic products
The programme has been designed to introduce new concepts, ideas and methods to students, whilst also encouraging them to become more independent thinkers.
Course content is delivered via a combination of interactive lectures, workshops, seminars and project work.
Practical skills are developed through a variety of practical activities.
Information for international students
International applicants are required to demonstrate equivalent qualifications to the standard requirements for entry when applying for courses at LJMU.
Students must also demonstrate a proficiency in communicating through English, for example via an IELTS tests or equivalent.
Please note: UK visa restrictions mean that international students are only permitted to study on a full-time basis.
Please contact LJMU’s International Team for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090