Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
In order to be considered for entry to the course(s) applicants will be required to have one of the following qualifications:
- 2.1 honours degree in any subject from the UK or Bachelors degree equivalent to UK Second Class Upper Division; or
- 2.2 honours degree in relevant subject area; or
- Students with a non-relevant degree but with at least a 2.2. Honours and relevant work experience in financial services will be considered on an individual basis; or
- the Fundamental Level (Knowledge and Skills) of the ACCA professional examinations; or
- Completion of the Operational and Management levels of CIMA examinations; or
- Other relevant professional qualifications including from overseas.
- Required English language skills to undertake this programme IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) 6.5.
Accreditation of Prior Learning:
Applicants may be required to attend for interview by the Course Director or Admissions Tutor.
Months of entry
This masters course is for individuals wishing to further their careers in project management or consultancy. In today's business environment, the skills of the project manager have never been more in demand. Organisations, businesses and governments are becoming increasingly aware of the strategic importance of effective project management for gaining a competitive advantage.
A masters degree in the rapidly growing area of project management will help develop skills that are highly sought-after globally in almost every sector.
This course is particularly relevant for professionals who wish to be able to run complex projects with a range of stakeholders, managing all phases to time and to budget.
This course is underpinned by the core competencies at the heart of the Association of Project Managers (APM), so you can be sure that what you learn is contemporary, relevant, and directly applicable in the workplace.
Our aim is to help you develop a range of technical skills that will be complemented by transferable soft skills so that you develop as an independent learner and thinker who is comfortable tackling the two key ideas in modern Business Project Management: choosing the right project and doing the project right. This means you'll be able to identify and select projects that are going to benefit an organisation, and then deliver them within the scope required, to the budget and on schedule. With that skill set, it isn't hard to see why graduates from this course are in high demand.
The course also provides professional training to gain a relevant project management certification examination, for instance PRINCE2. The course also provides further opportunities to gain certification in the following areas for a discounted rate via the university:
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- APM Introductory Certificate (IC)
- MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) Foundation
- MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) Practitioner
- MoP® (Management of Portfolio) Foundation
- MoV® (Management of Value) Foundation
- M_o_R® (Management of Risk) Foundation
- P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Office) Foundation
- AgilePM Foundation
- PPS (Programme and Project Sponsorship)
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time27 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries