- A Bachelor degree equivalent normally to a UK Second Class Honours Upper Division (2:1) or above in any subject
- GCSE passes in English and Maths (at grade C or above) or a recognised equivalent
- You should be at least 21 years of age on application and will be required to present evidence of social work knowledge and social care as well as work experience in some aspect of social work/social care full-time over six months, or the equivalent part-time (e.g. 15 hours per week over one year in voluntary work). At least some of this experience needs to be in the UK.
Months of entry
- Social work services and the needs of service users
- The service delivery context
- Values and ethics
- Social work theory
- The nature of social work practice.
- Managing risk
- Managing your own practice
- Demonstrating professional competence.
Employment based route
It is also possible to study the MA Social Care on an employment based route (EBR). Candidates need to be sponsored and supported by their employing agency to undertake this. It is taught alongside the existing MA Social Work and the structure is the same, but students have the option of doing the dissertation in a third year and completing their qualification over a three year period.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements for more details.
Fees and funding
Please see the postgraduate funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Office
- +44 (0) 20 7815 6100