Please provide a one page research proposal of up to 500 words describing the type of work you wish to undertake for your PhD research. The proposal should explain your motivation for the research, as well as the general methods that could be employed, for example using numerical, theoretical or experimental methods.
Ideally, your proposal should be aligned with the research interests of an academic member of staff in the Department. You are strongly encouraged to approach academic members of staff directly by email to discuss your proposal prior to submission.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Students have access to state-of-the-art facilities and support throughout their research degree.
Support and training for research students
- Supervisory team – usually comprising a lead academic member of staff with support from a second colleague (both with complementary expertise in your selected area of research)
- Support by the technical team in the lab
- Training in key transferable skills
- Workshops to focus on engineering-specific skills
- Seminar programme delivered by external speakers plus the opportunity to present your own findings
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1509 223 331