Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will normally have at least a 2:2 UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in an accounting and finance degree, or a degree with substantial accounting content.
We will also consider applicants with appropriate professional passes in a CCAB or equivalent approved professional accounting body and with substantial relevant work experience.
Months of entry
You know that strong management of financial performance and accounts are key to the success of any organisation. At Manchester Met, we’ll help you find new ways to deal with the issues facing businesses.
To take us up on this challenge, you’ll need to have studied accounting and finance at undergraduate level or achieved all of the ACCA Fundamental Level Papers.
Home to global businesses
Manchester is one of the largest financial centre outside London,
so you’ll have businesses like Deloitte and KPMG on your doorstep and plenty of opportunities to network with employers.
We also provide training programmes for HMRC, BNY Mellon and PwC staff, so our teaching expertise is second to none. We teach the professionals in areas of tax, auditing and financial performance management.
Building your expertise
We’ll cover a whole host of areas including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), corporate reporting, governance and risk management. You’ll also apply tools and models of finance theory to understand current challenges.
Your dissertation will put your expertise to the test. It might involve working with an employer to investigate a business issue or answering a challenging research question.
Past students have explored nuclear companies, exchange rate fluctuations, and alignment between performance measurement and strategy.
Features and Benefits
- Platinum approved learning partner – we’re recognised by the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) for providing teaching that gives you the best possible chance of success.
- Triple crown - Study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Study in the heart of a financial centre – Manchester is home to major accountancy firms and banks, including Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, Santander and RBS.
- Free access to Bloomberg – the leading global platform used by the banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Industry recognition – our Business School is the only public sector ACCA platinum approved learning partner in the North of England.
- Industry experts – our teaching staff are experienced practitioners, active researchers in their fields and consultants to large accountancy firms. They’ll share their insights and connections throughout your course.
- A network of industry connections – We have links with the main professional organisations and we invite top practitioners from accountancy firms, banks, and accountancy bodies to give guest lectures.
- Postgraduate internship programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969