You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, preferably in a business, economics or finance related subject. Professional experience will also be considered for mature students.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Months of entry
The financial sector is one of the world's largest, offering career paths that can span continents. There's a vast variety of specialisms to pursue, from financial planning and investment management to corporate finance and risk management. Whatever your direction, it’s a field with clear avenues for progression and excellent rewards for those with the expertise.
Designed around the industry's demands, this course is built to get you to work. So, whilst it's rooted in academic understanding from the latest research, it provides the skills that employers want. We put the principles and techniques you'll learn in a practical context, give you the chance to work on real client projects and even offer optional short-term internships so that you have the opportunity to put your skills to the test in a real-world environment.
It's not only a big step forward for finance graduates, but a chance to move into the area from other business-related fields. For those already working in the field, it's a vehicle for professional progression, allowing you to focus assignments on your employer's goals or strategies. And, for those looking ahead to your first role in the financial sector, it offers the flexibility to set the pace and direction of your career path from the start.
Features and Benefits
- Internationally recognised – our Business School is named in the QS World University Rankings 2022 for Masters in Finance. We achieved this position through demonstrating a level of excellence in employability, thought leadership and diversity.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Kick-start a rewarding career – develop the knowledge you need for roles in financial services, insurance, risk management and more, even if you don’t have a finance background.
- Finance experts – learn from expert academics and leading professionals who work with organisations such as ICAEW, HMRC and the EU Commission.
- Regional financial centre – study in a thriving financial and banking hub with one of the largest economies in the UK. Many large banks have their regional bases in the city.
- Gain experience – you can choose to take a short internship during your course. Gain experience and make professional connections.
- Career opportunities – financial services is one of the largest employers in the region. Masters graduates are in demand. Past students have gone on to work for the likes of Deloitte, KPMG and RBS.
- Flexible around you – this course has January and September start dates, so you can study when it suits you.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969