Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, preferably in a business, economics or finance related subject. Professional experience will also be considered for mature students.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Months of entry
The financial sector is one that’s always evolving. It has the ability to impact many areas of the global economy. That means working in this industry is exciting, fast-paced and rewarding.
This course is designed to give you a fundamental understanding of finance in today’s world. You’ll explore specialist subjects, from financial systems and their structures to risk management and banking.
You’ll learn from experts in various areas of financial services such as investment banking, risk management and corporate finance. Our teaching staff are active researchers and many had successful careers in the sector before moving into lecturing.
Examples from their careers will bring the theory to life and give you an in-depth understanding of the challenges you’ll face as a finance professional.
Your course will prepare you for a career in this industry. You’ll leave with the practical skills employers are looking for.
Our experts know what it takes to succeed in the financial sector. They’ll pass this knowledge onto you.
We work closely with industry to make our courses relevant to financial services. You can also attend guest lectures from some of the leading figures in the sector thanks to our excellent industry links.
Features and Benefits
- Triple accredited - our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Kick-start a rewarding career – develop the knowledge you need for roles in financial services, insurance, risk management and more, even if you don’t have a finance background.
- Finance experts – learn from expert academics and leading professionals who work with organisations such as ICAEW, HMRC and the EU Commission
- Regional financial centre – study in a thriving financial and banking hub with one of the largest economies in the UK. Many large banks have their regional bases in the city.
- Gain experience – you can choose to take a short internship during your course. Gain experience and make professional connections.
- Industry tools – enjoy free access to Bloomberg, the leading global platform for news, data, analytics and research. It’s used by the world’s top banks, corporations and government agencies.
- Career opportunities – financial services is one of the largest employers in the region. Masters graduates are in demand. Past students have gone on to work for the likes of Deloitte, KPMG and RBS.
- Flexible around you – this course has January and September start dates, so you can study when it suits you.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969