Applicants must have: * An undergraduate degree from a New Zealand tertiary institution accredited to offer qualifications at this level; OR * An undergraduate degree from an overseas tertiary institution, deemed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to be of equivalent standing. OR * Equivalent practical, professional or educational experience. All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English must have: * An international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band) issued within the last two years or equivalent.
Months of entry
NMIT now offers a Master of Applied Management pathway qualification. This qualification can be completed in three parts full time over 15 months, or part-time over a longer period. Students are required to complete 4 core papers, plus 4-6 (60 credits total) elective courses and a research project.
As specialisation continues to dominate the world economy, an enlightened model of management is emerging in response. This new style of management calls for people of sharp mind who can discover what makes a person tick and amplify this to drive productivity in socially responsible ways. Effective management responds to the needs of people, process, and technology. With this programme, NMIT is leading the charge.
Aims of the programme:
This Level 9 qualification brings together theory, applied practice and research, tailored to your needs and your industry.
- Strengthen your skills in managing people and workplace processes
- Learn how to get the best work out of your people
- Develop effective strategies to guide your people through change
- Specialise in managing social and organisational complexity
- Develop techniques for monitoring and enhancing performance and productivity
- Utilise current and future technologies to achieve business goals
- 15 months full time
- Open entry for holders of a degree from all industry backgrounds
- Study fully online, face-to-face on our Nelson campus, or a combination of both.
- Range of elective courses available in
-Logistics and Supply Chain Management**
- Receive quality supervision from expert advisers
- Use recognition of prior postgraduate study, or extensive work experience, to skip courses you already hold the necessary skills and knowledge in. (See 'Recognition of Prior Learning' below)
Aspire for the Masters of Applied Management, with early exit options after
- Completing the first four core courses for a Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Management
- Four core courses, plus 60 credits in elective courses for a Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Management
- Four core courses, 60 credit in electives, research method and proposal courses and research project for the Master of Applied Management
Information for international students
English language requirements
All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English must have an international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band) issued within the last two years or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details