A 2:1 honours degree and a master's degree, or international equivalents, in relevant subjects.
Months of entry
- conversation and discourse analysis
- inter/cross cultural communication
- corpus linguistics
- oral communicative competence in a second language
- language endangerment
- syntax and morphology
- phonetics and phonology
- history of English
- language variation and change
- language evolution
- (variationist) sociolinguistics
- first and second language acquisition.
Conversation and discourse analysis; inter/cross cultural communication; corpus linguistics; oral communicative competence in a second language; language endangerment; syntax and morphology; phonetics and phonology; history of English; language variation and change; language evolution; (variationist) sociolinguistics; bilingualism; first and second language acquisition
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 8 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our programme fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr G Khattab, Director of PG Research
- +44 (0) 191 208 6523