Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, or a master's degree in an appropriate subject.
Months of entry
- School of Education, Communication, and Language Sciences (ECLS)
- School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics (SELLL)
- School of Modern Languages (SML)
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 9 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 6.0 in all other sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our programme fees and funding web page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Integrated PhD
- full time48-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Frances Cook, PGR Programme Secretary, The School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences
- +44 (0) 191 208 6569