A 2:2 BEng honours degree, or international equivalent, in electrical and electronic engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, communications, information and control engineering or a related subject.
Months of entry
This advanced course delivers an understanding of Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (ES-IoT) and their enabling technologies. It is industrially focused, tailored to the demands of companies that design and manufacture mobile electronic equipment which interfaces with wireless networks and applications.
Our Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (ES-IoT) MSc is a unique blend of five fields of knowledge which work well together:
- tools, techniques and design of Embedded Systems and Internet of Things (ES-IoT) and subsystems
- scientific and engineering principles and practices of Computing Science and Electronic Engineering
- embedded computer systems architecture
- networking and communication systems
- computer programming
You will enjoy a strong emphasis on project work and self-directed learning to develop specialist knowledge in your areas of interest.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 1 English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Claire Dougherty, MSc Support Office, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- +44 (0) 191 208 6154