A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in English. PhD applicants also require a master's degree.
Months of entry
- Medieval literature
- Renaissance and early modern literature
- Eighteenth century and Romantic period literature and culture
- Victorian literature
- Fin-de-siècle and modernism
- Postcolonial literatures
- American literature and culture
- Children’s literature
- Theatre studies
Medieval literature; Renaissance and early modern literature; Eighteenth century and Romantic period literature and culture; Victorian literature; Fin-de-siècle and modernism; Postcolonial literatures; American literature and culture; Children’s literature; Theatre studies; Film
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 9 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 6.0 in all other sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our programme fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sherelle Coulson, Programme Administrator, School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics
- +44 (0) 191 208 7199