A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in a related subject such as biology, biotechnology, bioscience, biological sciences or pharmacy.
Months of entry
Biotechnology is present in all our everyday lives. It could include:
- developing and modifying the enzymes in biological washing powder
- research into generating high-value biofuels
- protecting the crops growing in our fields.
Our Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology MSc:
- provides an opportunity to experience and refine molecular biology skills
- covers many aspects of applied biotechnological applications
- creates networks between fundamental research, the application of biotech solutions to modelling of large-scale bioprocess engineering
- develops your independent research skills.
The United Nations has identified that having adequate food security to provide food for everyone is a key goal. One aspect of this course investigates how biotechnology can deliver maximum crop yields without converting more land to agriculture. It includes approaches that:
- make crops more resilient
- produce more sustainable and less environmentally damaging pesticides.
Information for international students
English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary
- +44 (0) 191 208 4848