Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in a related subject such as biology, biotechnology, bioscience, biological sciences or pharmacy.
Months of entry
This course will develop your molecular biology skills underpinned by biotechnology. You will also gain the skills and knowledge required for employment in the industry.
Biotechnology is present in all our everyday lives. It could include:
- developing and modifying the enzymes in biological washing powder
- research into generating high-value biofuels
- protecting the crops growing in our fields.
Our Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology MSc:
- provides an opportunity to experience and refine molecular biology skills
- covers many aspects of applied biotechnological applications
- creates networks between fundamental research, the application of biotech solutions to modelling of large-scale bioprocess engineering
- develops your independent research skills.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet our Band 2 English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Academic Secretary
- +44 (0) 191 208 4848