Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
Months of entry
Our MSc Management courses will help you shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective 21st century manager, able to operate in dynamic and complex organisational environments. You’ll gain an excellent understanding of the core subjects, enabling you to put to theory and contemporary thinking into practice.
The pure management route develops a deeper understanding of the central principles of management. You’ll engage with relevant and emerging management concerns, including managing across cultures. You will also explore organisational innovation and entrepreneurial thinking, as well as refining your critical understanding of management theory.
The MSc Management degree is aimed at students with either no background in business and management who want to develop a career in this field, or those who have a qualification in business and management but want to become more competitive and progress their careers.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Institute of Managers (CMI) Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Why study this degree?
- The degree will equip you with broad knowledge across a wide range of management subject areas and enable you to develop more specialist knowledge as it progresses.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship and Business Research Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You’ll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2019 ranking for Masters in Management.
NBS is accredited by EQUIS and AACSB, which are internationally recognised hallmarks of excellence and quality for business education.
Information for international students
We understand that students may struggle to join us on campus in September. We now offer a flexible MSc Management for 2020 entry, which involves studying online for the first semester before joining us on campus in January. Find out more here.
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200