You will need:
- A 2:1 honours degree is preferred, but strong applicants with a 2:2 in a degree related to National Curriculum subjects, or to education or child development, more generally, will be considered;
- GCSE English, Maths and Science grade C;
- ten days' mainstream UK school experience in a Key Stage 1 or 2 class, achieved within the last two years and completed prior to interview;
- An interview with both the training school and NTU is part of the selection process;
- Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks passed prior to enrolling;
- Professional ITT Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy passed prior to enrolling; and
- two references: one academic and one vocational.
Months of entry
School Direct is an innovative new training route which allows you to work within a school of your choice while studying towards a postgraduate qualification in education (PGCE) and Qualified Teacher Status.
There are two types of training places:
- The School Direct Training Programme
This is open to all graduates (including those who expect to complete their first degree prior to the September start date). You will pay tuition fees and may be eligible for student loans, and a bursary or scholarship.
- The School Direct Training Programme (salaried)
This is an employment-based route into teaching for high quality graduates with three or more years' career experience. You will be employed as an unqualified teacher by a school who will pay you a salary.
Information for international students
This course is not available to international students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200