Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A UK honours degree or equivalent, at a minimum 2:2.
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at minimum grade C or equivalent, We accept the GCSE equivalency taken via equivalencytesting.com or astarequivalency.co.uk. Applicants with pending qualifications will be considered.
- It may strengthen your application to have had some experience in a classroom in a UK mainstream school, setting or college, although this is not an entry requirement. If you do wish to gain some experience prior to your application, you can find out more about how to arrange this online;
- An interview with both the training school and NTU is part of the selection process;
- You will complete a diagnostic assessment of your fundamental English and mathematics skills at interview. This will inform any development that you need to undertake leading up to and during your training. There is no longer a requirement to complete Department for Education Professional Skills Tests.
- Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks and a satisfactory health check passed prior to enrolling;
- two references: one academic and one vocational.
Months of entry
School Direct is an innovative new training route which allows you to work within a school of your choice while studying towards a postgraduate qualification in education (PGCE) and Qualified Teacher Status.
There are two types of training places:
- The School Direct Training Programme
This is open to all graduates (including those who expect to complete their first degree prior to the September start date). You will pay tuition fees and may be eligible for student loans, and a bursary or scholarship.
- The School Direct Training Programme (salaried)
This is an employment-based route into teaching for high quality graduates with three or more years' career experience. You will be employed as an unqualified teacher by a school who will pay you a salary.
Information for international students
This course is not available to international students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200