Advanced Legal Skills: SQE 2 Preparation Course (PGCert)
- Students who enrol on this course will normally be required to have a 2:2 from their law degree or have acquired the equivalent knowledge of the key principles of law through a recognised course and have undertaken a recognised SQE 1 preparation course, or the LPC, or have successfully sat the SQE 1 centralised assessment.
- If you have already successfully completed your LPC you may be able to qualify as a solicitor without completing a training contract if you successfully pass SQE2 and have completed 2 years qualifying work experience.
Months of entry
Why choose this course
Passing the second Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE 2) is an essential step in your route to qualifying as a solicitor, and the Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Legal Skills: SQE 2 Preparation Course is designed to prepare you for this.
- 100% of NTU's research submitted to the Law Unit of Assessment was assessed to be world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of research impact (REF 2021).
- All our SQE preparation courses carry NTU awards.
- This intense course will enhance the written and oral skills required to pass SQE 2 whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter to employers.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, all of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Our tutors will work with you to develop the six practical legal skills assessed in SQE 2.
Who is this course for
You should choose the Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Legal Skills: SQE 2 Preparation Course if you want a course that only prepares you for SQE 2 assessment.
It is suitable for the following students:
- Students who have successfully taken the centralised SQE 1 assessment or have studied a recognised SQE1 preparation course.
- Students who have already successfully completed their LPC who may be able to qualify as a solicitor without completing a training contract if they successfully pass SQE 2 and complete 2 years ‘qualifying work experience’.
Regardless of your route to entry Nottingham Law School can help you prepare for the SQE2 centralised examination by completing our SQE2 preparation course. This course will provide you with the practical knowledge and skills you require to put you in the best possible position to pass.
For more information please visit the course page.
Information for international students
All applicants that enrol on this course must have completed the 7 foundation subjects of the Law of England and Wales (within 7 years prior to the start date of the course) or have studied a recognised SQE 1 preparation course, or the LPC or passed the SQE 1 centralised assessment. (To find out more about SQE please see the SRA SQE website.)
English language requirements
For students whose first language is not English there is currently a requirement that they have IELTS academic test grade of 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent qualification.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships, for full details please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time2 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details