Professional Legal Practice: SQE 1 Preparation Course (LLM)
Students who enrol on this course will normally be required to have a 2:2 from their law degree or have acquired the equivalent knowledge of the 7 foundations of law through a recognised course.
Months of entry
Course contentWhy choose this course
Passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) 1 is the first step in your route to qualifying as a solicitor, and the LLM Professional Legal Practice is designed to prepare you for this.
You should choose the LLM Professional Legal Practice if you want a course that prepares you for SQE1.
- 100% of NTU's research submitted to the Law Unit of Assessment was assessed to be world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of research impact (REF 2021).
- This SQE 1 preparation course provides an opportunity to obtain an internationally recognised Masters qualification that is also eligible for the UK Government postgraduate loan.
- All our SQE preparation courses carry awards and are taught at Masters level.
- This course provides you with everything you need to have the best opportunity to pass SQE whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter to employers.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, all of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Our tutors will work with you to develop your essential legal skills whilst also preparing you for an assessment in which you will draw on your existing substantive legal knowledge and learn how to blend it with procedure to solve practical legal problems.
- You have the opportunity to write a dissertation in an area of interest or choose from electives in bespoke practice areas that will allow you to enhance your employability.
- You can choose to be mentored by a legal professional through our mentoring scheme.
- Opportunities for further practice and test the legal skills you will acquire through mooting, negotiation, interviewing competitions to enhance your CV.
- Opportunity for “hands on” experience to develop professional skills and gain experience in our regulated and multi award winning teaching law firm, NLS Legal.
- If you start on this course and subsequently decide you want to do a SQE 2 preparation course as well as an SQE 1 preparation course, then you have the option to transfer to the LLM Advanced Professional Legal Practice Course: SQE 1 and SQE 2 Preparation Course with appropriate fee amendments.
For more information please visit the course page.
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English there is currently a requirement that they have IELTS academic test grade of 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent qualification.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships, for full details please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time18 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team