Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Students who enrol on this course will normally be required to have a 2:2 from their law degree or have acquired the equivalent knowledge of the key principles of law through a recognised course.
Months of entry
Passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) 1 is the first step in your route to qualifying as a solicitor, and the Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice is designed to prepare you for this.
- All our SQE preparation courses carry awards and are taught at Masters level.
- This course provides you with everything you need to have the best opportunity to pass SQE whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter to employers.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, all of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Our tutors will work with you to develop your essential legal skills whilst also preparing you for an assessment in which you will draw on your existing substantive legal knowledge and learn how to blend it with procedure to solve practical legal problems.
- Opportunities for further practice and test the legal skills you are acquiring through mooting, negotiation, interviewing competitions to enhance your CV.
- The option of full-time or distance learning study modes gives you the flexibility to earn while you learn and work alongside your studies.
- If you start on this course and subsequently decide you want to do a Masters qualification, either with SQE 2 preparation or just SQE 1 preparation, then you have the option to transfer to the LLM Professional Legal Practice: SQE 1 Preparation Course or the LLM Advanced Professional Legal Practice: SQE 1 and SQE 2 Preparation Course (with appropriate fee adjustments).
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English there is currently a requirement that they have IELTS academic test grade of 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent qualification.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team