2:2 degree or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Medicine, Dentistry, Dental Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
A dental technology foundation degree with two years' post-initial qualification experience may also be considered.
For intercalating BDS Dentistry students:
- Successfully completed at least three years (360 credits) of the BDS or equivalent dental course (for clinically based masters this must include the equivalent of one year of patient based teaching (in hospital/dental practices/clinics))
- Passed BDS year 3 or 4 exams immediately prior to entry at the first opportunity
- Demonstrate a clear and unequivocal interest in the field by written application and/or interview
Months of entry
If you are a dentist, dental technician or a scientist who wants to gain a better research knowledge of dental technology and dental materials, this is the training course for you. We also welcome applications from intercalating BDS Dentistry students.
On this course you will be taught elements of dental technology, CAD-CAM, implantology, occlusion, aesthetics and materials. Teaching is carried out by our clinical consultants, chief technicians and dental/biomaterials experts in the Institute of Dentistry. This course is designed for future leaders in the field of dental technology or dental biomaterials and has generated award winning students and those who have gone on to take up prominent posts in academia and research.
This programme will:
- Give you an improved scientific base and research skills
- Teach you alongside our clinical postgraduate students, a unique feature of this programme
- Allow you to interact with clinicians, attend implantology clinics and technical practice sessions and also attend management leadership and presentation skills courses.
Information for international students
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential and non-native English speakers are required to have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with a writing score of 6.0 at the start of the course.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Institute of Dentistry
- +44 (0)20 7882 8930