Entry to the postgraduate music programmes is by audition. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.
Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for Masters applicants) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
Months of entry
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Wide range of solo and ensemble performance opportunities
- Involvement in professional projects such as the orchestra of the Brecon Baroque Festival
- Tuition available in supporting areas such as Alexander Technique and doubling instruments
- Advanced training in chamber music
- Professional coaching and accompaniment provision
- Language, movement and drama classes (singers)
- Specialist, advanced performance classes (instrumentalists)
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
MMus – 13 months intensive or two years full-time commencing in September. Postgraduate Diploma – 10 months intensive or two years full-time commencing in September.
Course contact details
- Admissions Officer
- + 44 (0) 2920 391 631