Normally a degree or other qualification at an equivalent level plus experience in the field of public health or research. We are keen to encourage applicants from a variety of backgrounds. If English is not your first language you typically need an IELTS 6.5 score with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.5 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
MA, PgDip, PgCert
Months of entry
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to work at a managerial or strategic level in public health. Whether you work in primary healthcare, community health or are a health activist, this course can offer you the skills to further your career.
• Prepare for operational, managerial and strategic public health roles.
• Explore the links between public health policy, evidence and practice.
• Study the 10 key public health competencies and standards needed to join the UK Voluntary Register for Public Health specialists.
• Gain work experience through a placement if you haven’t worked in public health before.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Development and Society
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 2430