We designed this course to continue specialist studies at masters level for students who already possess a relevant first degree. You may also have an appropriate combination of other subject specific qualifications and relevant practical experience.
Normally you need one of the following
• a good first or upper second honours degree in sport or exercise science
• a good honours degree in a relevant science discipline with suitable content
• an alternative qualification with a suitable concentration of relevant science (at the discretion of the course leader)
• a qualification in science or sport or exercise science at a level lower than first degree coupled with relevant practical experience
The course leader interviews applicants with non-standard qualifications. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English.
Months of entry
The course helps you to develop the strong technical, analytical, practical and professional skills required to be an effective applied sport and exercise scientist or researcher. You expand on your knowledge of science and theory, and gain practical experience to improve your employability.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at https://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
There is support available to help you afford tuition fees and living costs whilst your study at Hallam. Find out at https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/fees-and-funding.
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/international/fees-scholarships-and-discounts to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Academy of Sport and Physical Activity
- +44 (0)114 225 5555