You’ll normally need:
- A minimum 2:1 Honours degree in Psychology not accredited by the BPS
- A minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a discipline other than Psychology
Months of entry
This conversion course is for students who wish to pursue a career in psychology but who have an undergraduate degree in another subject, or have a Psychology degree that isn’t accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Our Psychology MSc conversion course covers all core areas of psychology as defined by the BPS, and successful completion of the course will make you eligible to apply for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) from the BPS. You’ll also be able to choose a specialist option module.
You can complete the course in one academic year, between September and July, enabling you to apply for work or further study in the September following enrolment.
You’ll receive high levels of support from our staff, including our award-winning technicians, and will benefit from the lab facilities at our multi-million pound Science Centre, including:
- The Psychological Human Sciences Suite (including EEG, galvanic skin response, hormone assessment and pain stimulation)
- Cognitive Laboratories and Observation Suites (with eye-tracking and specialist software, video and audio recording facilities)
Our staff research activity underpins the course delivery, with many modules reflecting their interests and expertise.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: MSc Psychology
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you must have achieved Level 7 overall and no lower than 6.5 in all components of IELTS (or equivalent).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Centre
- +44 (0) 1782 294 400