Students must attain a minimum 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an economics related undergraduate degree.
Months of entry
Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
This new course is being introduced at the School of Management from September 2017. Our MSc Economics programme aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in the core aspects of advanced micro and macroeconomics, as well as econometrics, whilst allowing students to undertake specialized modules in some of the subject’s sub-disciplines.
Graduates may pursue a number of professional economist career pathway opportunities in the finance or management consulting industries. The sophisticated and multi-faceted transferable skills acquired by the programme will also open doors or provide stepping-stones to a wide variety of other less specialist career paths in commerce, industry and academia.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge.
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014).
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- High contact time – each module includes a 2 hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1 hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week.
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
The School of Management offers Developing Futures Scholarship packages worth £3000 towards tuition fees.
To find out more about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page: Scholarships and bursaries
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Management
- +44 (0)1792 205678