Students must attain a minimum 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an economics related undergraduate degree.
Months of entry
Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
This new course is being introduced at the School of Management from September 2017. Our MSc Economics and Finance programme is a joint-honours scheme which aims to provide students with a thorough grounding in many of the key concepts, modelling approaches and research techniques deployed in key areas of economics (such as microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics), which also have important applications within finance. The relationship between economics and finance is a very close one, and finance may be viewed as a particular specialism within economics. Students undertaking this programme will therefore have a holisitic experience.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge.
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014).
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- High contact time – each module includes a 2 hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1 hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week.
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
The School of Management offers Developing Futures Scholarship packages worth £3000 towards tuition fees.
To find out more about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page: Scholarships and bursaries
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Management
- +44 (0)1792 205678