MPhil/PhD/MSc by Research- Applicants must hold an initial degree of a UK University or another University approved by Senate and would normally have achieved or be predicted to achieve a minimum classification of upper second (2:1) or equivalent.
MD- Applicants would normally have, or be studying for, a Masters degree of a UK or another University approved by Senate or similar level qualification. Applicants for the MD degree should normally possess a Bachelor of Medicine or Surgery.
All candidates whose first language is not English are expected to pass the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) at grade 6.5.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
Visit our website for more information on fees, scholarships, postgraduate loans and other funding options to study at Swansea University - 'Welsh University of the Year 2017' (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017).
The research and innovation arm of Swansea University's College of Medicine is the Institute of Life Science (ILS). The vision for ILS is to advance medical science through interdisciplinary research and innovation to improve the health wealth and well-being of the people of Wales and beyond.
The Institute of Life Science:
- is a unique example of successful collaboration between NHS, academia and industry in the life science and health sector.
- enjoys close links with the Colleges of Engineering and Science especially through the Centre for NanoHealth
- is Wales' premier purpose-built medical research facility.
- is a collaboration between Swansea University and the Welsh Government, together with Abertawe Bro Morgannwg, and industry and business partners.
Our research focuses around four themes: Biomarkers and Genes; Devices; Microbes and Immunity; Patient and Population Health and Informatics.
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Swansea University Medical School
- +44 (0)1792 513486